We are seeking experienced engineering staff for our local client, duties as follows:
Maintain and repair a wide range of industrial recycled glass processing equipment, including
Electronic Control Panels
Power Transmission Equipment (motors gearboxes bearings) Vibratory screeners and Vibratory Feeders
Air Density Separators Eddy Current Separators Drying Equipment
Automatic Optical Sorting Equipment
There is a large workshop with welding bay and fabrication equipment
The main tasks involved in this role will be:
• To carry out all work within company Health and Safety procedures and systems, and enthusiastically contribute to the continual development of these systems.
• To assist with the review of existing and creation of new Risk Assessments and Method Statements
• General maintenance duties, both proactive and reactive.
• Welding, both stick and MIG.
• Complete set work and preventative maintenance routines as required.
• Carry out process improvements works.
Work using own initiative and work as part of a team.
• Follow company rules and procedures regarding all maintenance activities on site.
• Good communication skills at all levels.
• Job requires a high standard of work due to the quality specifications of the products being handled.
• Assist other departments with technical support as and when required.
• Complete all works via Pirana CMMS.
• Ensure all plant repairs are carried out in a safe and timely manner.
• Carry out all shift check sheets as requested.
• Provide comprehensive feedback to Senior Glass Technicians.
• Be fully flexible to work with production to ensure site efficiencies are maintained
• Experience of plant fitting and maintenance in an industrial environment
• Have an excellent understanding and commitment to safe working practises.
• Must have or be willing to receive training to operate Telehandler and MEWP equipment
• Good communication
• Good knowledge of industrial glass processing equipment
• Good Multi-skilled knowledge range (Electrical & Mechanical)
• High standard of design and fabrication skills
• Able to work autonomously
• Good reporting skills
• Strong understanding of Engineering drawings and able to fabricate from such
The hours of work are 4 x off and 4 x on, days and nights